Are you hosting Christmas dinner or another holiday gathering this year? As you start to plan your menu and what you’ll wear, why not give some thought to how you’ll dress your table as well? By putting just a little extra effort into your holiday table, you can create a special and memorable experience for your friends and family this Christmas season.
Let these beautiful holiday table setting ideas inspire you and spark your creativity. Remember, you can create a beautiful and festive table without spending a lot of money. I think it’s fun to gather ideas from magazines, blogs, and Pinterest and then create something similar using items I already have on hand.
If your Christmas dinner will be casual and homey, then check out some of the simple and/or rustic tables featured below. On the other hand, if you’re hosting a more formal get-together, you’ll find plenty of inspiration for a fancier table, too.
As always, I suggest setting your table a few days beforehand, if you can. This makes entertaining so much easier, allowing you to relax and enjoy yourself. If you need more help with planning and hosting, check out my post with tips for hosting a casual dinner party.
Most importantly, have fun! ‘Tis the season to be jolly–even for the hostess!
25 Beautiful and Inspiring Holiday Table Setting Ideas
1. Have a joyeux noel with sweet and simple loveliness from A Spoonful of Sugar Designs. This pretty setting incorporates candy canes, fresh evergreen sprigs, and crisp white napkins all tied up in beautiful striped ribbon.
6. This gorgeous yet simple tablescape, using pomegranates and fresh evergreen boughs, is by the always inspiring Julie Blanner.
7. An evergreen topiary, fresh flowers, glimmering candles, and gorgeous gold flatware create a stunning table. By Décor Gold Designs.
8. You can never go wrong with a stunning floral centerpiece paired with shimmering candles. The addition of a feather at each place setting is a gorgeous touch. From Lila Wilson Weddings.
9. Cinnamon sticks and fresh rosemary sprigs create fragrant and memorable napkin embellishments. By Home Polish.
10. I absolutely love the beauty and simplicity of this all-white table, accented with a bowl of fresh greenery! By Homey Oh My.
11. This is such a lovely and festive table! The red and white check is so cheerful. And I love the idea of placing two table runners cross-wise instead of lengthwise. By Hymns and Verses.
12. Blue and green plaid napkins paired with crisp striped ribbon and bright red berries create a striking table setting. By jane can.
13. A simple wooden box filled with birch bark candle holders and fresh greens are all you need to make a beautiful centerpiece. And adding a touch of Christmas to the light fixture ties this look together. By Nest of Bliss.
14. If you don’t have a plaid table cloth, why not use a couple of yards of fabric, or even a scarf or two? Here, festive plaid is the perfect back drop for a rustic box filled with candles, greenery and fruit. By Just a Girl.
15. Sweet and simple boxwood sprigs and berries placed in tiny vases adorned with ribbon are the perfect touch in this red and white themed tablescape from Creative Cain Cabin.
17. Love this classic and elegant table by Lauren McBride using fresh greenery, simple white candles, silver elements, and rustic wood chargers.
18. I love how the red velvet ribbon and evergreen sprigs pop against the gorgeous white berries, napkins and china. And that tablecloth is a work of art in itself! From One Kings Lane.
19. Have a collection of bottle brush trees? Why not showcase them on your holiday table? I also love the sweet feathers at each place setting. By Paige Knudsen.
20. Or, if you have a collection of mercury glass trees, here’s a beautiful way to display them. This gorgeous space, with its gold, silver and white details is what Christmas dreams are made of! From Rooms for Rent.
21. Sometimes the simplest things are the most beautiful. Silverware gathered up in twine with a red napkin, an evergreen sprig, and a golden bell are really all you need to create a lovely and festive table setting. From Siegel Thurston Photography.
23. I shared this lovely tablescape in my Thanksgiving table post, but with its beautiful white candles, greenery, and pine cones, it’s actually more of a holiday table setting. Love those wood chargers! Via Pinterest.
24. If you’re looking for a unique idea that uses items you probably already have on hand, this is it! Mason jars filled with sugar, cranberries, candles and greenery are all you need to create a glowing and festive holiday table. From Yellow Bliss Road.
25. This simple setting is from my own table, but I wanted to share it with you because I had fun making these little wreaths with fresh rosemary sprigs, floral wire, and kitchen twine. I then cut little banners out of white paper and added simple calligraphy names for each treasured guest.
No matter how you spend Christmas day, I pray that you’ll remember the event that gives us all a reason to celebrate–the glorious gift of Christ’s birth. Wishing you a blessed and joyful Christmas! ♥ xo jane