Just one more week until the Christmas shopping season officially begins, which means it’s time to make a list of holiday gift ideas for those special people in my life!
This year, I’m determined not to let myself get too caught up in the frenzy (although next Friday morning you’ll probably find me at Target, alongside all the other bargain shoppers!).
I think we all love that rush of excitement when we’ve found the perfect gift for a loved one. But sometimes when it comes time to shop, I can’t think of a thing! I think my problem lies in the word perfect. When I tell myself something has to be perfect, my brain has a tendency to shut down!
That said, I still want to choose gifts for my loved ones that are thoughtful, meaningful, and received with joy.
So, in the past, when suffering from a lack of inspiration, I’ve often found it helpful to look to other people’s lists of holiday gift ideas.
In that spirit, I decided to put together a list of holiday gift ideas, including some of my favorite things–all of which I either own, would love to own, or have given to others (or plan to).
I hope this list will inspire you in the event you’re feeling a bit stumped as to what to give the special people in your life.
Any of these holiday gift ideas would make a wonderful present for someone on your list–or for you! (I know it’s better to give than receive, but sometimes that includes giving to yourself!)
Holiday Gift Ideas: A Few of My Favorite Things
1. This cast iron Dutch oven, from Target, is not only great for making stews, roasts, and big pots of soup, it looks beautiful sitting out on your stovetop. It might even inspire you to cook dinner, rather than ordering pizza!
3. You know how much I love journaling, and these Sweetbriar Notebooks, by Rifle Paper Co. are my absolute favorite repositories for my ideas, reflections, and expressions of gratitude. The set comes with three different covers, each one beautiful on its own. There’s just something about these lovelies that inspires me to put pen to paper!
4. This cozy plaid blanket scarf, from Target, dresses up any outfit, from casual to dressy. I find myself grabbing mine nearly every time I leave the house!
5. I have a thing for dish towels. Especially ones from Anthropologie. The only problem is choosing a favorite, because everything they offer is so beautiful. I have this Climbing Rose pattern in a side plate that I use nearly every day (it makes my breakfast feel more special!), so when I saw these matching Dish Towels, it was love at first sight.
6. I recently bought a wood paddle cutting board, similar to this one, at Target, and not only is it useful, it looks so beautiful just sitting out on my countertop or propped against our kitchen backsplash. I love it when I get function and décor all in one! (Note-my board doesn’t have the scrollwork on the bottom like this one. Although mine isn’t available online, I think you can still find it in the store.)
7. While at first glance, this Portsmouth Apron, from Anthropologie, might not look too exciting, but let me tell you–it’s the best. It’s so lightweight and comfortable, I often forget I have it on! Plus, the neutral color means it won’t clash with whatever else you’re wearing, so if your guests arrive early for dinner, you won’t feel like you have to tear off your apron before greeting them at the door. The BEST thing, however, about this apron is that it has pockets in the front, which means I can put my phone in my pocket and listen to podcasts while I cook, clean, or just go about my daily activities. I do draw the line at wearing it when I leave the house, though.
8. This Gold Bar Cart, from Target, is the perfect accessory for anyone’s home–whether they drink or not! In addition to storing stemware and drinks with elegance, it can function as a beautiful and versatile end table, a handy kitchen cart, or a serving trolley for entertaining.
9. Of course, we can’t forget the littles! This sweet Catalina the Mouse doll, from Noble Carriage, would thrill any small (or big) person! She’s made from organic cotton and her skirt and bonnet are removable so she can share her clothes with the other animals in the Hazel Village collection.
10. This sweet shopping basket set, from Ikea, will ignite the imagination and promote hours of play. And at only $10, you just can’t beat the price! How does Ikea do it?
11. Everyone needs a unicorn in their life–and this sweet unicorn rocker, from Pottery Barn Kids, is pure unicorn magic! Personalize it with your special little’s name and it will become a gift they’ll treasure for years to come.
12. Rounding out my holiday gift idea list is this beautiful play tent, from Anthropologie. What little one (or grown-up) wouldn’t love to spend hours in this fanciful tent, reading books and dreaming dreams? Not only do I love the gorgeous fabrics, tassels, and attention to detail on this magical tent, I love that it takes up less floor space than other tents, making it the perfect fit for just about any area.
That’s it–surprisingly, I found many more holiday gift ideas I would have loved to share with you. Maybe that means my Christmas shopping will be extra easy this year! Let’s hope so!
P.S. I realize that holiday gift ideas for the men in your life are missing from this list. However, if the men on your list are similar to mine, their wish list is usually comprised of specific items from the electronics, tool, and/or sporting goods departments, so I’ve found that buying them exactly what they ask for usually works best!