When I first started diffusing essential oils, I added one oil at a time to my diffuser. (Typically lavender, peppermint, or lemon.) While that was nice, after a while it got a little boring, so I became a bit more adventurous, experimenting with different essential oil blends to create entirely new aromatic experiences.
It’s kind of like science class–I get to have fun mixing different oils, making adjustments here and there, and creating an entirely new and wonderful fragrance.
I’ll admit, every now and then my blends don’t turn out as planned and I end up with something decidedly less than wonderful. But when that happens, I simply dump out the water, rinse the diffuser, and start over.
Thankfully, the flops have been few and far between, and my experimentation has resulted in some beautiful blends to help elevate and enhance our moods and the atmosphere of our home.
Since my diffuser runs for 4 hours, I can try out 2 or 3 different blends over the course of a day.
My choice of blend might be based on the time of year, whether anyone in the house is under the weather, whether we need to focus/perk up or relax/slow down, what I’m cooking, the weather, the time of day, or what Baxter’s been up to (see #14).
Following are just a few of my favorite essential oil blends (plus a bonus!):
13 beautiful essential oil blends for your diffuser
1. Focus blend: 4 drops peppermint, 4 drops wild orange
2. Summer blend: 4 drops tangerine, 2 drops lavender, 1 drop spearmint, 1 drop lime
3. Happy blend #1: 4 drops wild orange, 4 drops juniper berry
4. Happy blend #2: 2 drops frankincense, 2 drops peppermint, 2 drops lime, 2 drops wild orange
5. Sweet dreams blend #1: 4 drops calming blend, 3 drops wild orange
6. Sweet dreams blend #2: 3 drops lavender, 3 drops ylang ylang, 3 drops vetiver
7. Genius blend: 2 drops peppermint, 2 drops frankincense, 2 drops rosemary
8. Energy blend: 3 drops tangerine, 3 drops spearmint, 3 drops lemongrass
9. Welcome home blend: 1 drop ginger, 1 drop cinnamon, 2 drops coriander, 1 drop clove
10. Sea breeze blend: 3 drops vetiver, 2 drops lemon, 1 drop peppermint
11. Sonoma bliss blend: 4 drops invigorating blend, 3 drops rosemary
12. Feeling fancy blend: 3 drops bergamot, 3 drops marjoram, 3 drops ylang ylang
13. Immune booster blend: 3 drops protective blend, 2 drops lemon, 1 drop oregano
And one bonus blend that we use more often than I’d like:
14. Smelly dog blend: 3 drops cleansing blend, 3 drops lemon
I hope you enjoy trying out these essential oil blends in your diffuser. Of course, feel free to adjust the drop amounts and types of oils based on your preferences and what oils you have on hand.
The main thing to remember is to have fun!
P.S. If you have questions about essential oils, choosing a diffuser, or purchasing oils, feel free to contact me