Hi friends! Today’s inspiration board was loosely based on our dining room–with a little more of a coastal vibe added.
I began this post with the intention of sharing an inspiration board based on our dining room as-is, but I kept adding pieces I’d love to have, such as the rug, artwork, and sideboard, so consider this design somewhere between what we have now and what I’d like our dining room to be.
I’ve had a lot of questions about the blue ikat curtains we have in our dining room (shown below), which I love. They aren’t on the board, but they’re available through Overstock, if you’re interested in them.
Some things I’ve included which I think are great in a space like this:
- slipcovered chairs which can be thrown in the washing machine when they get dirty
- a round table – I prefer round tables because they promote togetherness and conversation, plus you can always squeeze in an extra guest or two
- statement lighting over the table
- extra lighting for ambiance
- comfortable seating for after-dinner chatting
- a bar cart or other small table for items you use often
- a large sideboard with plenty of storage for china, placements, silverware and glassware
- a soft neutral rug
- flowers and plants
- inspiring artwork
- a mirror to reflect candlelight
Sources shown are linked below.
A Coastal Inspired Dining Room