Today I’m sharing one of our favorite side dishes, and one I know your whole family will love: easy cheesy roasted zucchini.
As far as I’m concerned, though, you can never have too much zucchini! I love it and try to eat it several times a week–especially in the summertime.
I’ve found it’s the perfect side dish for nearly every dinner, from burgers to steak to oven-fried chicken.
Recently, a friend shared a link to a recipe for roasted zucchini with a slightly different twist. It’s topped with both Parmesan and mozzarella cheeses, which makes it extra cheesy!
Really,, any kind of cheese would taste great on zucchini, so feel free to substitute goat mozzarella and pecorino Romano cheeses if you’re avoiding cow cheese.
This wonderful side dish can be prepared really quickly because there isn’t a lot of chopping or measuring involved.
Cheesy roasted zucchini became an instant hit in our house, and I hope it will in yours, too!
Easy Cheesy Roasted Zucchini
2 large zucchini
Salt & pepper
Grated Parmesan or pecorino Romano cheese
Shredded cow or goat mozzarella cheese
8 grape or cherry tomatoes (optional)
- Heat oven to 400 F. Cover a shallow baking pan with foil or parchment paper.
- Slice each zucchini in half lengthwise and then cross-wise. Place zucchini on prepared pan.
- Brush each zucchini slice with olive oil and season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste.
- Sprinkle zucchini with cheeses. Slice tomatoes in half; place 2 halves on each zucchini slice.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until cheese is golden and bubbly. Enjoy!