Today I’m taking a break from my usual food and home-related posts to talk about eyelashes. I’ve searched for a mascara I could love for a long time, so when I finally found what I think is the best mascara, I had to share it with you!
Remember the question, “what one thing would you take with you to a deserted island?” My answer would have to be mascara.
I’m kind of obsessed with this subject, mainly because if I don’t wear mascara, my eyes just disappear. Last summer, I tried lash extensions and loved the ease of not having to apply mascara every day, but I just couldn’t keep up with the constant maintenance and expense, which brought me back to good old mascara.
After trying just about every brand of mascara out there, including Chanel, MAC, Lancome, Clinique, Benefit, NARS–the list goes on–I returned to a drug store brand I’d used years ago and finally found the best mascara for me.
What is it? I think you’ll be surprised.
the best mascara is
At about $8, (Amazon sells it for less than $6!) not only is it a fantastic deal, it really is the best mascara I’ve tried. Here’s why:
- it doesn’t smudge–so no more raccoon eyes (I also use this smudge-proof eyeliner)
- it comes off easily with water or my favorite eye makeup remover
- it goes on quickly
- it doesn’t clump, even with extra coats
- the curved brush coats all of your lashes, including the tiny ones in the corner of your eyes
- it doesn’t have a weird perfume-y smell (don’t you hate that?), and
- did I mention it’s amazingly affordable?
Hopefully I’ve convinced you to try this gem! Now I’ll let you in on a few more tips for more beautiful lashes.
Tips for More Beautiful Lashes
- First of all make sure to buy L’Oréal Voluminous mascara with the curved brush-it really makes a difference. I like the black shade.
- To get the look of extra long lashes, use an eyelash curler. I have to admit, I don’t do this very often, but when I do, it really makes a difference! Carefully align the eyelash curler with the base of your lashes and hold for five to ten seconds, then move it out a smidge and hold again for five to ten seconds.
- Coat the lashes with mascara from root to tip, wiggling the wand from side to side. Going all the way to the root gives you the look of eyeliner, and wiggling the wand helps coat the sides of your lashes.
- Now–this is optional–add a little mascara to the tops of your lashes. This gives you that lush look you get with eyelash extensions.
- Add one or two more coats to really make your lashes stand out.
That’s it! Have a beautiful day!